Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ahh! The old Lemonade stand!...The Back Story

Whenever your child starts to ask you about paydays, checks and credit cards then you know it’s time to teach them about money. Alright, here’s the back story. My kid wanted a video game. I…mom am tired of buying these video games. I…mom felt that the kid had a great summer which included camps…yes with an s and a seven day vacation. I…mom am also tired of the kid pretty much pimping family members to buy stuff for him. So, I mom had a chat with the kid. The subject of our conversation was “in life you have to work for want you want”. Nothing is given! My kids reaction… pretty much a blank stare. I…mom suggest to the kid that he set-up a lemonade stand to earn some bucks to buy his game. Oh yeah and before anyone suggests the whole “do chores” thing, we did talk about, but for the current situation this was the fastest way to get a cash infusion.

No comments: